Saturday, June 2, 2012

No more on Facebook!


On June 1, 2012 at 2.30 pm I was automatically logged out of my Facebook account. I tried to re-enter using my user name and password. And, was surprised to see the message from FB that my account is disabled

Disabled - Fake Account

I felt, very sad for losing my 2693 friends. The list includes my school friends, college friends, friends from my village, CAD professionals! Actually, it is because of FB, I was able to meet my old friends after long years. FB gave me platform to interact with them, enjoy sharing day-to-day activity, looking out what’s happening in their life and many happy moments through quick sharing!
Putting me out of FB is not so heart touching, but not able to see my friends for sometime is really sad part. 


Now let me summarize what I did with the FB. I joined FB in 2010. I was impressed with the features, UI it had compared to orkut. I am working for internet based CAD media company so social networking is part of my daily life to interact/share information with my users, friends. 


The worst part what FB did with me is not giving any warning before disabling my profile. The say “Severity of the violation” is high so no need to inform user.

I ask FB; please let me know the crime I did? What severe violation I did? I did not take FB as time pass site to share cartoons, marriage invitations, party invitations, did not abuse any friend, never wrote a abusing post, never commented without leaving my boundary.

Few, friends working in design field use to tell me that your FB profile is like magazine for them. I have guided many students for selecting proper career in CAD/CAM through FB.

Work I did using FB.

  1. -          Shared information related to CAD, CAM,CAE, CFD products on my profile after being permitted to do so by vendors
  2. -          Connected more than 2000 design professionals worldwide and have discussion with them on professional level
  3. -          Created “Happy CADing – Design Professionals Group”  one of the biggest group for CAD engineers on FB with 1685 users at present from every reputed company like Siemens PLM, PTC, DS SolidWorks, TTL, TCE, TATA, Autodesk, Mahindra, Bajaj, etc.
  4. -          I shared CAD event related info on my group on request from vendors/ companies only
  5. -          Created “Shivajians –SSPMS Boys” group with around 500 users and brought together my school friends, which helped us in organizing annual old boys meeting.
  6. -          I was active user on every group related to CAD, CFD
  7. -          I tried my best to share info on online learning, CAD institutes, Design schools with students
  8. -          I created event invitations for CAD events, virtual events, seminars and send request only to CAD professionals
  9. -          I got large number “LIKE” clicks for my postings always
  10. -          I tried to encourage friends to share meaningful info on FB
  11. - Never posted unauthorized commercial communication 

 If doing all this is CRIME according to FB than what they want me to do on their site. Should I do a TIME PASS by posting.
  1. -          Cartoons on politicians
  2. -          Lot of unnecessary images, posts
  3. -          Out of box Comments using rubbish language
  4. -          Invite friends to birthday parties, parties, movies
  5. -          Should I play Games
  6. -          Use unnecessary apps


If this is what FB expects from user. I feel happy that I am out of it! I think the ‘Program’ written to track violation found my profile different then other users! If this is to happen in future with other serious FB users. I think the network is heading towards end!

I don’t want to waste my time writing more on this topic. FB is too big as a company and I am too small to criticise them.

But, will not reopen a new account on FB again.

I am now worried that who would take care of removing unwanted posts on my ‘happy CADing’ group on FB and how they will approve new requests.

Anyway! Friends you can find me on Twitter, Linkedin with lot of updates on CAD industry.


Thanks for reading.
Happy CADing
Sachin Nalawade


2 comments:

Sachin Nalawade said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sachin Nalawade said...

It was great surprise to see my profile back on FB. They started it again. I don't know what was wrong with them...